At Beormund we take pride in making sure children feel safe and valued. It is the responsibility of all stakeholders to ensure that everyone is protected and feels safe.
We will aim to safeguard children by:
- Adopting clear child protection guidelines through procedures and a code of conduct for staff and volunteers.
- Sharing information about child protection and good practice with children, parents and carers, staff and volunteers.
- Sharing information about concerns with agencies who need to know, and involving parents and children appropriately.
- Carefully following the procedures for recruitment and selection of staff and volunteers.
- Providing effective management for staff and volunteers through support, supervision and training.
- We are committed to reviewing our policy and good practice annually and as when the need arises.
We recognise that because of the day-to-day contact with children, school staff are well placed to observe the outward signs of abuse. The school will therefore:
- Establish and maintain an environment where children feel secure, are confident to talk, and are listened to.
- Ensure children know they can approach adults employed in the school if they are worried.
- Include opportunities in the SMSCD (Spiritual, Moral, Social, and Cultural Development) curriculum for children to develop the skills they need to recognise and stay safe from harm or abuse.
If you have any safeguarding concerns and wish to raise them with school please contact the Designated Safeguarding Lead to discuss them further.