Beormund's Values and Ethos
Beormund primary school aims are:
- To educate children to the best of their ability academically, emotionally, socially, morally, spiritually and aesthetically.
- To teach the National Curriculum and personalise learning to the needs of each individual.
- To promote healthy living and encourage an active lifestyle.
- To build an awareness of both the local and global environment and adopt practices so that we can all contribute to the maintenance of a sustainable planet.
- To recognise, value and celebrate the achievements of all.
- To help pupils understand their own and other’s beliefs, values and cultures.
- To ensure that school routines, policies and practices actively protect the rights of the individual and ensure equal opportunities for everyone.
- To provide a safe, happy and stimulating environment.
- To encourage high expectations of both children’s work and behaviour.
- To develop independent, co-operative and reflective learners who are prepared for the opportunities, threats and experiences of life in an ever changing world.
- To prepare the children for transition and reintegration to mainstream schooling when appropriate.
- To work collaboratively with all stakeholders (children, parents, carers, governors, LEA and other external agencies) in pursuit of our shared vision